Practicing yoga will help one relieve muscle tension cramping and other pains.
1. cat-cow pose
- Firstly Sit in vajrasana.
- Then now or as a support on your knees raise yourself and bend forward.
- Keep your hands parallel to your knees with a gaping between them.
- Now inhale and at the same time make your stomach drop down towards the floor or mat
- Again exhale while keeping your chin towards your chest and let the back or the spine lift up.
2. Downward facing dog
- First the plank position.
- Next Chin towards your chest and move inside towards your knees let knees be straight while tucking in.
- The breathing pattern goes this way first while coming to the plank position – exhale.
- And while talking in the chain in v shape – inhale.
3. Extended Triangle- trikonasana
How to do Tikona asan:
- Stand straight and let your gap between the feet base be around 31/2 ft to 4 feet
- Now let your right legs face 180 degrees and let your right hand come downwards.
- At the same time let your left hand come about the right hand.
- Next, tilt your head towards the upward left hand and focus on the fingers.
- Then, relax and repeat the same with the left and side do this cycle for at least.
4. Shalabh asan – locust pose
Way to do it – shalabhasan
- Lie down towards your belly.
- Next, your position and after back and at the same time raise your hands parallel to each other.
- And hold your breath. So to get more benefit out of this asana one can deepen this core strength-building asana.
- Now bring both your hands toward your intestine or stomach area and interlock them.
- And with the chin in the front touching the ground.
- And with the muscles in your 4 arms try to lift your legs upward.
5. Setu asana or Bridge pose
Way to do it – Setu bandan asana.
- So first come into shavasan which is lying on your back at the bottom position.
- Next, lift your both legs towards your abdomen.
- And let your both hands lie near the heels of the legs.
- Next, slowly lift your abdomen and stomach. And relax.
- So while lifting up just breathe in and while lifting down or relaxing breathe out
6. Ardha Matsya Asana- Half Lord of fishes.
Way to do it – Ardha Matsya Aasan
- Start with the Vajrayana
- Next, lift one of your legs in such a way that it lapses over the other.
- If unable to touch the right-hand side of the hip then keep it near the right leg.
- And try to turn your head towards the backside or gives it towards the shoulder
- Repeat this on the opposite side. Do it for at least 1 minute per cycle.
7. Jathara parivartanasana – two knee spinal twist
So this asana is usually used for pain relief and many people do this. So let us see how to do it.
- Just sleep on your back with your knees lifted towards your chest and let both hands be extended to the side.
- Slowly now make your legs twist towards the left side by closely keeping the knees together.
- For easiness place a pillow between the knees.
- So this is the pose that can be done via counter breathing too.
- Keep your position of the neck either straight or can turn to the side where the legs are turned,
- Focus on deep breathing in and breathing out during this position of twist.
- Be in the twisted position for at least 30 seconds and repeat to the opposite side.
8. Balaasana – The Child Pose for everyone
So this asana, is simple but is very great in terms of stress reliever and also a great pain reliever. People have headaches, migraines, and back pain, and also it helps in strengthening the muscles of the front thigh portion the knees, the ankles, and quadriceps too and some anxiety and stress can be benefitted.
Way to do it – The Child Pose
First, sit in the vajrasan and then bend forward and touch the ground with both hands parallel to each other, or let the hands interlock at the back of the hips and do normal breathing.
Hold the posture for up to a minute or two and relax.
Also read: 15 ways to live sustainable life daily
So yeah, Although according to recent research Yoga helps in reducing back pain it should be done under supervision or on the instruction given by a doctor or a yoga teacher, or a physical therapist. As it may not be appropriate for all people as many have different body conditions, So please, be careful and cautious while performing yoga poses and asanas.
So how was the article please let me know in the comment section. Also please help us improve. Thanks see you at the next one soon.