Introduction to Eka Pada Sirsasana
Hello Guys today iam going to elaborate the Eka Pada Sirsasana yeah this one is an actually an advanced pose yoga asana but Eka Pada Sirsasana will help a lot how you can ask . I will tell you all in a detailed manner and th right way to do this pose.
So let us begin Eka Pada Sirsasana whats the meaning of this asana .
Eka Pada Sirsasana yeah this one is an actually an advanced pose yoga asana but Eka Pada Sirsasana is simply callled as leg behind the head/neck section.
Before we begin doing Eka Pada Sirsasana we habve to do some warmup and stretching exercises such as the
So as our hamstrings , calves muscles, back, core, neck region all are going be involved these stretches will be helpful.
Eka Pada Sirsasana
Way to do it : Eka Pada Sirsasana
1. You got to sit in the “L” position so as you are doing the paschimuttanasan.
2. Then bring your one of the legs by holding the ankle via both hands towards the chest.
3. Now after hunging your leg near the chest bend your head towards the chest at the same time lift your legs upwards towards the back of the neck and place it there.
4. And then do the namaskar mudra
5. While doing eka padha sirsasana try to hold the position for about 5 breaths minimum
6. Now relax for 10 seconds
7. Ten repeat the above 6 steps with your other leg.
Breathing pattern during Eka Pada Sirsasana
Simply breathe in while lifting the legs towards the back of the neck portion.
And do normal deep breathing while holding the eka padha sirshaasan and breathe out while releasing the legs and relax.
If you want to get more benefits you can do the ujyayi breathing while holding the yoga pose
Eka Pada Sirsasana
Do this yoga asan and learn under a supervision of a yoga teacher as its an advance yoga pose it requires a proper care and good amount of effort while handling the legs.
1. At first you might not be able o get the legs behind your back so you can hold your legs in the hanging position near the chest area.
2. Then everytime you do this yoga asana try to lift your legs further than before and one day it will come together.
Benefits of Eka Pada Sirsasana
1, Its a great hip opener which helps ones internal organs function in a better manner.
2. Also this yoga asan helps in increasing the flexibility of the bdy which inturn can help the people to do more great advanced yoga asanas.
3. In terms of the healthy benefits this yoga asana helps in nourishing the blood flow, brains nervous system which are at the back of the neck.
4. This yoga asana also helps in increasing the core strength of our body which in turn leads to proper digestion .
5. Eka Pada Sirsasana also strengthens the hamstrings , calves muscles too.
After practicing Eka Pada Sirsasana one has to do the a counter pose to relieve from such stress, the yoga asanas are the chakrasana or the wheel pose, setubandan asan, or the ustraasan or camel pose.
Precaution for Eka Pada Sirsasana
1. People who are suffering fro the neck, back injuries do not try tis yga pose.
2, stop the yoga asan if you feel unbearable pain. anywhere.
3. If there is anykind of past injuries in your leg , knees, torso, hamstrings avoid this yoga pose.
Do the yoga practices always after consulting the doctor and also from a yoga instructor as many have different body conditions and other compilations .
So do a consultation with your doctor before doing any complicated, advance or intermediate move in yoga exercise.
This yoga is actually a hip opener cum flexibility increaser asana do practice with proper care as alignment is very important while doing this pose.
So guys how was this article do mention it in the comment portion, Eka Pada Sirsasana is very helpful to increase flexibility cum strength provider asana.
But if you get not practicing regularly it may become an difficult posture so keep practicing.
Do share among your friends and others to spread the knowledge and do Learn yoga more interesting and elaborated topics are on the way so yeah Also be healthy and learn yoga.